Thursday, April 20, 2006

my goals for the next 2600 days

Encouraged by Project 1001 of Echo Faith, I listed my 26 goals for the next 2600 days.

write a book
go to gym atleast 3 times a week and exercise at home 5 days a week
miss a dinner at least once a week
eat fruits at least once a week
contribute a patch to a open source project
take scwcd (sun certified web component developer)
take scbcd (sun certified business component developer)
blog at least once a week
mail friends at least once a week
have dinner with brother at least once a week
finish (read, digest, take notes, act upon) a book/month
have lunch/dinner with a different friend at least once a month
buy a car
buy a house
get married (!!)
write articles which get published in a different journal at least once a year
interact with people who don't belong to my profession
watch a movie per week with someone who is close to me
cook at least one meal per week
don't shave for a month
buy a LCD projector (for watching movies on the big screen)
finish reading The Geeta
Spend a week without using a computer
watch a sunrise
Go trekking for 3 continues days
Watch the Oscar’s Best Picture winners

I will keep you updated on how things go regularly (yeah sure :) )

5 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger krishnan said...

First question:
what happened to your "new initiative for the new net"?

suggestion:
Please ensure that "Going without shaving for a month" and "getting married" don't overlap.

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, do u know how big the "get married" goal is?? especially in the present circumstances? anyways, all the best!!

"send atleast one good article to friends" is another goal that i wud expect from u. :)

suresh

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

Well, honestly...

1. watch a movie per week with someone who is close to me
- This one is already possible? You have Kannan and Saurabh so close to you...why dont you give a try? Or arent they close?? ;-)

2. don't shave for a month
3. Spend a week without using a computer
- Won't be too good for you, trust me.

4. buy a LCD projector (for watching movies on the big screen)
5. buy a car
-I can help you on these.

Anyways, you are inspiring me to publish my own too (I have 101 noted down on a notebook, and the 1st one is to start blogging!)

Cheers,
Nagu

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sundar,
Good to see u were pretty much impressed by the project 1001 site and committed to list down ur 26 goals. I cud see u r more conscious abt ur diet/exercise pgm along wt the others. I'ld like to add a comment on ur "miss a dinner atleast once a week": If u plan ahead to miss a dinner, pbly u may take a heavy lunch that day(which makes u feel guilty) or some early evening snack, esp., if u go to gym in the evening, soon after u return fm the gym, u may be really be starving...and if u go to bed empty stomach acidity will build up and cause unwanted consequences the next couple of days. So rather,I'ud say, split the same amt of meal to two different timings and check if it suits u... Ofcourse, u cud eat fruits atleast once a day (try to fit that in daily routine) Regarding the Sun cert exams, I'm curently preparing for SCJP devoting upto 2 hrs per day(after that I dont feel like studying...)pl give me some tips on that. I come to know u hv concern over ur bro and ur friends and also wt the new ones..I also wish to read The Geetha, if u find any links (easily understandable manner)pl fwd me U r a very good movie watcher I believe... If u want to spend a whole week wt out a computer, how 'ud u mail friends blog atleast once a week?? I wish ur artic

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Saurabh Sinha said...

Reminds me of Ghalib's sher:

hazaaron khwahishain eisee,
ke har khwahish pe dam nikle;
bohot nikle mere armaan,
lekin phir bhee kam nikle


I hope you are meeting your khwahishain well :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home